The woman behind the brand June 29, 2016 08:55
Who is Desja?
The woman who founded Haven of course.
If you've checked out the website or seen me profiled on blogs or instagram, or read about my journey, you would see that I am a mommy of three who is super passionate about skin care!
I am also crazy in love with several Canadian made brands and love having the chance to support them in their own journey. This is why I love having a shop that blends all the things I love most.
I have been in the cosmetology industry for nearly 20 years since the first day I began shampooing clients at a salon in my home town, I was bitten by the bug. I carried on to become a licenced stylist, ethetician and make up artist. It was my passion. Moving into developing a skin care brand become something I was excited about. I feel that is what sets me apart from so many other up and coming brands. A lot of research goes into my brand and the products I curate. I love to know that my products do much more than just smell great. Knowing that the raw ingredients I work with and the essential oil blends I create nourish the skin and the spirit.
Here's the top 10 weird facts about me.
1. I am an only child and grandchild, which is probably why I dive head first into terrifying things. I had an awesome (probably unrealistic) sense of "I can do anything!"
2. I chose to have 3 children because my son would have been the end of our genetic line, as my ex-husband too is an only child. Meaning our children have ZERO biological aunts, uncles or cousins! (super weird right)
3. I used to speak in a British accent when we would travel because I thought it made me sound more distinguished. (because when you're an only child you do whatever the heck you want since there's no one there to call you out on your weirdness)
4. I once briefly dated B.B. Kings son.
5. I actually never wanted children because I has always thought I would to travel extensively....Until I realized I was deadly terrified of airplanes....and the unknown.
6. I can sing.
7. I am beyond terrified to fly because my brain can't understand how the plane stays in the air. I have panic attacks and become the crazy person on the plane who is positive we are going to crash. (soooo I'm a ton of fun to travel with)
8. I get a lot of anxiety in busy public spaces or driving in big cities.
9. I am surprisingly traditional. I would be a 1950's house wife any day
10. My creativity doesn't ever turn off, so I can get burnt out pretty easily and learning the work/life balance is something I am working really hard on!
I hope that you love the brand and shop as much as I do! Thanks for stopping by and finding out a little bit more about me and Haven Living.