Peaches are one of my favorite summer fruit. I am beginning to feel like winter will never end, I forget what sunshine and feels like, and would love feet that aren't cold 2/7. #overit
The kids love peaches, and I have just been craving the taste of summer. With it still being so cold, I wanted something that would be warm and comforting while we ride out the rest of winter. Overnight oats are great, but I wanted something next level. So I concocted a test drive with the kids, and seem to have hit a home run.
This is very low in sweetness, which works for us but you may want to drizzle some maple syrup on top if you find it doesn't quite hit the mark for you. I work really hard on keeping sugar at a minimum in our house, but everyone's tastes are different. This serves approx 8.
4 cups frozen (defrosted) or fresh peaches
2 cups oats
2 cups almond milk
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pulse oats in food processor until it resembles really coarse flour.
- Put into a separate bowl.
- Pulse peaches, almond milk, vanilla and maple syrup in food processor until well blended and peach chunks are broken up.
- Pour peaches over oats and mix well.
- Pour batter into a casserole dish. Cover with plastic wrap and keep in fridge over night.
- In the morning, put the oatmeal into a cold oven, and set to 300 degrees.
- Bake for 1 hour (this is when I get ready in the morning) In our home I put it in at 6am while I did my 'momming" and it was ready at 7am when the kids got up. I then topped it with Coconut Cream, and it was AMAZING!
To make Coconut Cream, simply scoop out the thick cream from the top of the can, leaving the "milk" behind. Then whip it smooth with a hand mixer. Serve a scoop over oatmeal
I save the milk for my tea, coffee, baking and every other use I would use regular milk.
I hope you love this as much as we do! xo Desja