CHORIZO BREAKFAST BAKE - Foodie Friday January 19, 2020 09:46
This by far has been my most requested DM so far! I love hearing that you are as excited about planning ahead to stay on track with your health goals as I am!
You can replace the Chorizo with any other ground meat, or plant based substitute you would prefer.
INGREDIENTS1 package Chorizo Sausage - 6 links (I use Hertels brand, as it contains zero sugar or additives) You could use ground beef, turkey or a Plant based meatless substitute such as Gardein🌿
2 sweet potato - spiralized
2 green onions
1 red pepper
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 bunch Cilantro
1. Remove Chorizo from its casing, crumble and fry in a pan like ground beef, working it continuously until it’s broken up.
2. Add chopped red pepper and crushed garlic. Sauté until cooked through.
3. Oil casserole dish to prevent sticking.
4. Peel and spiralize sweet potato. Add to casserole dish.
5. Chop cilantro and green onion. Set aside.
6. Whisk together eggs.
7. Add milk to eggs and whisk.
8. Add spices to egg mixture and whisk to combine.
9. Layer green onions, chopped cilantro and chorizo into sweet potato.
10. Pour eggs over entire mixture, pressing down to ensure everything is nestled into the eggs.
11. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes🔥